J.H. Barkau & Sons Automobiles Battery Service
Here at J.H. Barkau & Sons Automobiles, we are your go-to repair shop for all things for your car battery! Our certified technicians are ready to repair any issue! Schedule a Service Appointment with us in Cedarville, IL today!
How do I know my battery may need replacing?
Like all parts, batteries run their course. Most batteries will last up to five years, depending on conditions and how often you drive. Signs of an aging battery include an audible slow crank when you attempt to start your engine, a lit check engine/battery light or the strange odor of rotten eggs.
If you have any concerns, J.H. Barkau & Sons Automobiles offers a complimentary computerized battery test. Plus, each battery we install features the latest technologies in design and engineering. They provide dependable power to today’s high-technology vehicles across a wide range of conditions.
Why should I visit J.H. Barkau & Sons Automobiles for battery replacement?
The next time your car has a dead battery, it is important to ensure that your technician is familiar with your specific vehicle’s battery needs. And no one knows your vehicle better than our technicians at J.H. Barkau & Sons Automobiles.
Signs That Your Battery May Be Failing:
- Dim Headlights
- Clicking Sound When Turning the Key
- Car Revs But Won’t Turn On
- Slow Crank
- Battery Light Turns On
- Battery is Leaking/Smells Like Rotten Eggs
- Same Battery for Three to Four Years
Tips for Improving Car Battery Life:
- Test your car battery frequently. Knowing the condition of your battery helps you keep track on how well your are maintaining your battery, and when you are due for a new one.
- Limit Short Rides. Quick car rides prevent your car battery from fully charging. Car batteries recharge at longer distances, and will receive a full recharge after approximately 8 hours of use.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures When Possible. Extreme hot and cold temperatures can shorten your battery’s life. Hot temperatures can evaporate battery fluid, while cold temperatures can cause self-discharge, which can lead to a dead battery.
- Don’t Use Electronics While Idling. Turning off functions like the radio or air conditioner while the engine is not running puts less stress on the battery.
- Make Sure Your Battery is Tightly Fastened. A battery that is not properly fastened can vibrate, which can lead to internal damage and short circuits.
It’s quick, easy, and convenient. Schedule your next maintenance appointment today.